How to repair an iphone screen?
If you’ve cracked your iPhone screen, there’s no need to panic. However, it’s not ideal; repairing your iPhone screen with a few simple tools is possible. You just need to know hoe to repair an iPhone screen. This article will walk you through the repairing process of an iPhone screen step-by-step.
What you need before starting?
Before you start your repair, there are a few things you need to gather. You’ll need a new iPhone screen, a screwdriver, a suction cup, and a pry tool. You can find these items online or at your local hardware store.
Make sure you get a screen that is compatible with your iPhone model. The wrong screen could cause more damage. You will also need to be careful not to lose any small screws. An excellent way to keep track of them is to put them in a bowl and only take them out one at a time as you need them. Once you have everything gathered, you are ready to begin the repair.
How to get an iPhone screen?
If you’re looking to get your iPhone screen repaired, there are a few different ways you can go about it. The first step would be ordering a new screen from Apple. You’ll need to take your phone to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Once there, they will be able to help you order the correct parts and get your phone fixed up.
Another option is to order a new screen from a third-party retailer. This can often be cheaper than going through Apple. But you’ll need to ensure that you’re ordering the right parts. Again, taking your phone into a store or service provider to get help with this is often a good idea.
Once you have the new screen, you’ll need to follow some basic instructions to get it installed.
This usually involves taking the old screen off and then attaching the new one in its place. Plenty of YouTube videos and other resources can walk you through the process if you’re uncomfortable doing this yourself.
How to take iPhone apart?
Assuming you have a cracked iPhone screen and need to replace it, you first need to take the phone apart. This can be a tricky process, and if you’re not careful, you can damage some of the delicate internals of the phone. But with patience and attention to detail, it’s not too difficult.
There are a few different ways to approach this, but we’ll walk you through the most common method. First, you’ll need to remove the two screws from the bottom of the phone using a Phillips head screwdriver. Be careful not to strip the heads of the screws, making them very difficult to remove later.
Next, use a plastic opening tool or your finger to gently pry up the back casing of the phone. Start from one of the bottom corners and work your way around until the back comes off ultimately. You may find that some of the adhesive holding the back in place is still attached; just carefully peel it away from the phone.
Now that you have access to the phone’s internals, locate the battery connector on the logic board and disconnect it. Be very careful not to damage any of the other components on the board as you.
Step by Step Procedure to fix iPhone screen
If you have the new screen and the necessary tools, follow these steps to replace your old iPhone screen.
- Power off your device and remove the SIM card tray.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws next to the Lightning connector.
- Gently pry up the display assembly slightly and disconnect the three cables shown.
- Obliterate the display assembly.
- Take off the old screen by peeling it away from the adhesive around the edges. There are usually two ribbon cables that need to be disconnected. Once that’s done, you can remove the old screen completely. Be careful not to damage the underlying LCD panel.
- Clean the LCD panel with a soft, lint-free cloth. Make sure there is no dust or debris on the surface before proceeding.
- Apply a small amount of adhesive around the edges of the new screen.
- Now it’s time to install the new screen. Start by connecting the ribbon cables to the new screen. Carefully align the new screen over the LCD panel and attach it using the adhesive. Press down around the edges to make sure it properly adheres. Tighten them until they’re snug, but don’t overdo it.
- Reconnect the home button cable. If you disconnected this cable when you removed the old screen, reconnect it now.
- Reconnect the LCD cable. This is the cable that connects the LCD screen to the logic board.
- Reattach the metal bracket that holds the LCD in place. This bracket also helps to keep water and debris out of your phone.
- Replace any screws that you removed during disassembly. Make sure everything is tightened down securely before moving on.
- Test your new screen! Power on your phone and ensure everything looks and works as it should. You may want to run through your apps to check for any issues with touch sensitivity or display quality.
How to put the iphone back together
Once you have the new screen, it’s time to put the phone back together. Start by screwing in the three screws that hold the LCD bracket in place. Then, reconnect the LCD cable to the logic board. Be careful not to damage the fragile flex cables.
Next, replace the front camera assembly and secure it with the two screws. Then, reconnect the earpiece speaker and secure it with a single screw.
Now it’s time to reassemble the phone’s metal frame. Start by attaching the bottom part of the frame, which houses the Lightning connector port. Then, attach the middle part of the frame, followed by the top part. Make sure that all three parts of the structure are securely fastened.
Finally, replace the home button assembly and screw it into place. Once everything is screwed in tight, your iPhone screen repair is complete!
Many people panic when they drop their iPhones and see a cracked screen. But don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world! You can easily repair your iPhone screen at home with simple tools and know-how. Just follow our step-by-step guide on How to repair an iphone screen. And you’ll have your phone good as new in no time.