Pomp’s Tire Service began in 1939 when Andrew “Sparky” Pomprowitz opened a warehouse, passenger, and commercial wholesale operation on Roosevelt Street in Green Bay, WI. Under the name of Pomprowitz Tire Company, he continued to expand at that location until a fire in 1942 burned the entire facility and all the stock. Pomprowitz rebuilt and combined the operation with Pomprowitz Appliance Company. When Sparky went off to serve his country in 1942, his brothers, Joe and John, operated the business until his return in 1944.
Pomp’s Tire Service moved into recapping in 1952 and the business was incorporated as Pomp’s Recap Service, Inc. The business moved to the present Green Bay East location on Cedar Street.
Sparky passed away in 1964 and Roger Wochinske purchased the business as of January 1, 1965. The first new outlet store was added that year in Shawano, WI. Since that initial expansion in 1965, Pomp’s Tire Service has grown to include over 180 locations in 17 states, 28 retread plants, one wheel manufacturing facility, and 3 Original Equipment locations. Pomp’s Tire Service now consists of over 3,000 employees throughout its footprint.
Still family owned, Pomp’s Tire Service can now handle all tire needs from boat trailer to earthmover, retail, wholesale, commercial, 24-hour over-the-road truck tire service, recapping, agricultural, training, wheels and rims, and much more.
If you are in the market for great products and service at a reasonable price, come see what Pomp’s Tire Service has to offer.